Has your computer recently been infected with Live Security Platinum? This rogue is a fake anti spyware application with only one purpose. To trick you into buying it with your hard earned money! It will attempt to trick you into purchasing it with scary looking scan results and fake alerts. It will attempt to shut down your internet connection, and prevent programs from running.
It will also cause system slow down, constant crashes, and browser re-directs. When trying to run a program you may see false alerts such as:
Live Security Platinum Warning
Some critical system files of your computer were modified by malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss. Click here to block unathorised <sic> modification by removing threats. (Recommended)
Live Security Platinum Firewall Alert
Live Security Platinum Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the internet.
Internet Explorer Internet Browser is infected with SVCHOST.Stealth.Keylogger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using Internet Explorer Internet Browser to connect to remove host.
Live Security Platinum Warning
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs.
Click here to remove it immediately with Live Security Platinum.
If your computer is infected you are probably also seeing screenshots like this:
If your computer has been infected, it is strongly recommended that you remove the infection as soon as possible. Follow the 4 steps below or call our toll free number at 1-888-502-0269 to finally remove Live Security Platinum.
Live Security Platinum Removal Instructions
Bookmark this page and re-boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking”. To enter “Safe Mode with Networking” press F8 repeatedly while your computer is rebooting.Back To Top If the windows logo screen appears instead of the one below then you will have to try again.
Click Here To download Spyware Doctor with Antivirus.
- Internet Explorer Users may see this prompt at the button of the screen. Press run to being the installation.
- Firefox users may see this prompt, select run to begin installation.
- For Internet Explorer users, the installation will launch immediately after it’s downloaded. Firefox users may need to double click on the download icon to begin installation. See screenshot below:
Once the installation has begun you will come to the license agreement screen. Click I agree to continue the installation. Spyware Doctor will now begin installing on your computer, the installation time varies from computer to computer but should happen quickly.
- While it is installing you will see many screens such as:
- When Spyware Doctor is done installing click on next to finalize the installation.
Once the installation is complete, Spyware Doctor will ask if you would like to run an initial scan. Leave the Yes box checked and click Finish. Spyware Doctor will automatically begin to scan your computer.
- The length of the scan depends on the size of your hard drive and how badly your computer is infected. It can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to several minutes.
- Once the scan is complete is should find any and all spyware infections, click Fix Selected and subscribe online to finally remove Live Security Platinum.
*IMPORTANT* If you have purchased a copy of this rogue anti spyware then you should contact your credit card company immediately and get a charge back. It is also a good idea to make sure that your personal information has not been compromised. The following site can help you with everything you need to do to make sure your personal information has not been compromised.
Even if you did not purchase this fake, you never know what kind of sensitive information could have been compromised by the makers of this software.
Having troubles downloading? Then you might need to follow the additional steps below:
Call us, we can help: 1-888-502-0269
1: If you cannot access the internet, there is a good chance your proxy settings have been changed. Follow the directions below to reset your proxy settings.
For Internet Explorer Users:
- Open the Internet Explorer browser and select to Internet Options
- Now Click on the Connections tab
- Once you are on the Connections tab, click on LAN Settings.
- If the use a Proxy Server for your LAN option is checked, then un-check it. This will remove the Live Security Platinum proxy server, and should allow you to access the internet again.
For Firefox Users:
- Click on FireFox in the upper left corner and select Options
- Now click on the Advanced tab in the upper right corner.
- Now click on the Network tab
- Now click on the Settings button
- If the option to use a Manual proxy configuration is checked, then check the option to use No Proxy. This should restore your internet connections and you can proceed to remove Live Security Platinum.
2. Next download and run the most recent version of RKill. It is renamed iexplorer.exe to prevent Live Security Platinum from blocking it to run. This will end any and all rogue process associated with this rogue spyware infection.
- Download RKill from here. It will create an icon on your desktop named iexplorer.exe. Double click on that Icon to launch RKill and attempt to shut down any and all processes associated with this rogue.
- RKill will begin running and will attempt to shut down and and all know spyware and malware processes. Be patient as it runs because it shouldn’t take to long.
- When RKill is done scanning it will create a Log which will pop up in a text file. This means that it is done running and you can now exit out of it.
- It is very important that you do not reboot your computer after running RKill because that will cause all the processes to begin running again. If for any reason you do have to reboot your computer after running RKill, be sure to run it again as soon as you can.
Now try the above removal instructions again.
Still can’t remove your spyware infection? Call us, we can help:
How to Remove Live Security Platinum Manually.
Although Spyware Doctor with Antivirus is not Free we have found it do a very good job at not only removing rogue spyware programs such as Live Security Platinum, but it also prevents you from having to go through this headache ever again (for the most part, nothings perfect).
Before considering to use these manual removal steps, please consider the following disclaimer:
Altering computer files and register items should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in performing these steps may lead to problems effecting other aspects of your machine.
Attempt these steps at your own risk, otherwise consider using the automatic removal method. Even after manual removal is achieved it is still strongly recommended that you run a full scan with the recommended removal tool Spyware Doctor.
Step 1: Reboot your computer into safe mode as you did with the previous directions.
Step 2: Run RKill to attempt to stop any and all processes associated with any spyware or malware programs. Use the directions above to run RKill (it should already be installed on your machine).
Step 3: Delete all associated files
%CommonAppData%\<random characters>\<random characters>
%CommonAppData%\<random characters>\<random characters>.exe
%StartMenu%\Programs\Live Security Platinum\
%StartMenu%\Programs\Live Security Platinum\Live Security Platinum.lnk
%UserProfile%\Desktop\Live Security Platinum.lnk
Step 4: Delete all associated registry keys
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “<random characters>”
NOTE: Due to the random nature of this infection, the above files may not be the same on your machine.
Step 5: Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware and run a full scan in safe mode.
Step 6: Download a good registry cleaner to clean out any last traces that may be left in your registry.
Live Security Platinum is a dangerous spyware program that should be removed immediately. There is a good chance that you had some kind of anti virus software already installed on your computer. If that is the case, then you are definitely going to need to un-install and re-install it. Rogues of this kind are very good at crippling any kind of protection that you may have had installed.
That is why it is highly recommended to download Spyware Doctor and run a full scan even if manual removal is achieved. This will make sure that the infection is gone 100%, and will keep you protected in the future from any spyware or virus threats.
Still can’t remove Live Security Platinum ? Call us, we can help:
If you have followed all the directions above and are still having troubles then call our toll free number or leave a detailed comment below and we will try our best to help you remove this infection.
Please be as specific as possible and tell us exactly what you have done so far to this threat. It would also be a good idea to mention your operating system and specs if possible.
If this page was helpful, please click the Facebook like button at the top of the page to help spread the word on how to remove Live Security Platinum .